Re: Fedora 8 ideas

On 6/7/07, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:

Le Jeu 7 juin 2007 17:37, Jarod Wilson a écrit :
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Goede, J.W.R. de (j w r degoede hhs nl) said:

>> What cards is this useful for that we don't ship firmware
>> for? Anything other than bcm43xx and ralink?
>
> A number of dvb and v4l devices also require firmware that we don't
> ship.

And alsa devices

But that's because historically we've never shipped firmware, not
because anyone looked hard recently and decided we could not ship
them.

Please try to get the firmware in-distro before focusing on a download
helper.

--
Nicolas Mailhot

I have felt the pain of no firmware installed for an alsa device. 2-3
hours wasted. It would have been nice if I at least knew firmware was
needed.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud