Re: fedora for ARM

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
Are you suggesting to use the target triple as the rpm arch name?

Isn't gcc-4.1.2-12.armv5l-softvfp-linux-gnueabi.rpm kind of long?

Yes, it's much too long, but it is a starting point should Fedora deem armv5l-softvfp-linux-gnueabi an important variant :-)

(Note that our package repo uses eabi, where vfp byte/word order
and softfloat are the default, so we don't encode those bits of
info explicitly.  The packages use 'armv5tel' as the rpm arch name.)

I like armv5l and armv5b arch names, but this seems like a relatively minor point.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc redhat com