Re: Fedora 8 ideas

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 17:15 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
Bill Nottingham wrote:
Goede, J.W.R. de (j w r degoede hhs nl) said:
2 Firmware buddy
What cards is this useful for that we don't ship firmware
for? Anything other than bcm43xx and ralink?

I originally came to this idea after going through some pain to get my SIL card (prism 2 softmac, driver prism_pci) to work. So add prism cards to that, notice that I bought that card very recently, so those are still in the stores.

Also aren't there many many ralink + bcm cards, you make it sound like those are rare.

Oh, they're very common.  But I'd rather spend some time trying to work
with the vendors so we can ship the firmware and have it just work.

Fully agreed, but some vendors are notoriously hard to work with.

Regards,

Hans