Building a list of missing firmware (was Re: Fedora 8 ideas)

Leszek Matok wrote:
Dnia 07-06-2007, czw o godzinie 11:06 -0400, Bill Nottingham napisaƂ(a):
What cards is this useful for that we don't ship firmware
for? Anything other than bcm43xx and ralink?
For example, there are millions of potential speedtch.ko users here in
Europe.

Okay,

I think we need to build a list of all potential needed / wanted firmware, with URL's where to download it and instructions howto unpack it.

We then also need to start contacting the manufacturers asking for redistribution permission.

Here is a start of the list with things metioned sofar:
sil firmware (for prism and prism_pci)
bcm firmware
ralink firmware
speedtouch firmware
alsa firmware

I think this is best put in the wiki, but where, maybe a firmware SIG?

Regards,

Hans