Re: RFR: GIT Package VCS

On Thursday 07 June 2007 14:06:10 Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Absolutely -- they have different reasons for wanting this than we do.
>
> Our reasons are:
> 1) Better able to work with upstream
> 2) Better able to rebase our local changes.
> 3) Better able to see how our changes have been modified over time.
>
> However, the solution they arrive at is similar to what we want.  That's
> why looking at it is good.

I think it's important to note that having exploaded trees with patch
management doesn't exclude generating a srpm with prestine source +patches to
send into the buildsystem and publish in our source repos.  What we're
talking about is making it easier to manage the patches on top of the
prestine source.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora