Re: Fedora 8 ideas

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 6/7/07, Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> wrote:
Yeah, I think the least we need is an gui applet which looks for missing
firmware messages in the logs, alerts the user and explains things to him, including a link to a wiki page, with links to various download locations for various devices. This applet ofcourse needs a do not nag again checkbox :)

If you are going to do this, how about we also make an effort to
catalog these missing-firmware devices for Fedora project's purposes
as well?

If I write such a beast you are ofcourse free to submit a patch implementing that.

Regards,

Hans