Re: Building a list of missing firmware (was Re: Fedora 8 ideas)

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 07:45:25PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le jeudi 07 juin 2007 à 19:53 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
>
> > I think we need to build a list of all potential needed / wanted firmware, with
> > URL's where to download it and instructions howto unpack it.
> >
> > We then also need to start contacting the manufacturers asking for
> > redistribution permission.
> >
> > Here is a start of the list with things metioned sofar:
> > sil firmware (for prism and prism_pci)
> > bcm firmware
> > ralink firmware
> > speedtouch firmware
> > alsa firmware
>
> + ivtv firmware Axel promised to submit for review someday

Thanks for pinging, yes, I'll submit this, but as long as the kernel
doesn't ship ivtv it wasn't a high priority. But I guess F7 will soon
go 2.6.22 which will have ivtv, so it should definitely make it into
devel now. I think I had you cornered as a reviewer? :)

> (he got the licensing acked by the vendor, and has a working package
> atrpms side, and has asked to be the one who merges it in Fedora)

BTW I hope the licenses are OK, as I wrote them. They were derived by
permission from Intel's licensing text and ratified by the vendor's
legal department.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net