Re: Building a list of missing firmware (was Re: Fedora 8 ideas)

Hans de Goede wrote:
Leszek Matok wrote:
Dnia 07-06-2007, czw o godzinie 11:06 -0400, Bill Nottingham napisał(a):
What cards is this useful for that we don't ship firmware
for? Anything other than bcm43xx and ralink?
For example, there are millions of potential speedtch.ko users here in
Europe.

Okay,

I think we need to build a list of all potential needed / wanted firmware, with URL's where to download it and instructions howto unpack it.

We then also need to start contacting the manufacturers asking for redistribution permission.

Here is a start of the list with things metioned sofar:
sil firmware (for prism and prism_pci)
bcm firmware
ralink firmware
speedtouch firmware
alsa firmware

http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/

Not sure whether or not someone got the okay for all of those to be redistributed or not...

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com