Thunderbird and missing News Feeds Account option

The Thunderbird I downloaded with F7 seems to have three choices in the Accout setup wizard: Email account, Gmail account and News Groups. The Gmail account option seems to replace the "News and Blog Feeds" choice that existed with Thunderbird 1.5. Nowhere can I find any indication that RSS support has been dropped with Thunderbird 2.0. Is this a Fedora "feature" perchance?

FWIW, I'm using a KDE system installed from the KDE Live DVD on an x86_64 system (HP Laptop).

Thanks,

-pmr