Re: f7 images for mass production

Max Spevack wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

So the next question would be, if you are fixing important bugs and doing a respin why are you not doing a point release publicly?

I think that's a bit of a red herring. For me, it's just a matter of "if we're going to spend a bunch of money on physical media" I'd like to have any horrible bugs fixed, if we can.

Yes,

And if we spend the time to create new iso's for that, I think it would be a good idea to make those available to our end-users. Call it a .0.1 release, call it a brown paper bag release (not meant in any disrespect to DaveJ, but the kernel is kinda a brown paper bag kernel). Eitherway if we invest time and QA to make new iso's for this, we should make them available, as the time has already been invested then.

I vote for doing a new spin with:
-a new kernel included (we might have to wait a bit for this new kernel to
 become available and proven)
-perhaps an updates.img included
-perhaps one or two updates for very very critical no interaction needed
 network abusable security issues.

Regards,

Hans