Re: f7 images for mass production

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:25:04 -0400 (EDT), Max Spevack wrote

I would like to know if the conventional wisdom is that we should use the GOLD images, or if it is worthwhile to use an updated image
(either of the LiveCD or of the DVD), in order to pull in any of the
updates that have already been published.

Having read http://kernelslacker.livejournal.com/79957.html and after
my own experiences with newer kernels I'd say we should at least ship
a newer kernel.

Just a user here, but...

+1 to new updates.img and new kernel and known security updates. No QA other than "did it compose and boot."

We're also missing a bit of context here -- who/how/when is going to be receiving these burned discs? If the intended audience includes folks who have low bandwidth, including a couple of updates is especially considerate.