Re: fedora for ARM

Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
Are they? First you need a cross-gcc, you can't build it without libc
or magic tricks like -Dinhibit_libc. For big-endian ARM, you have to
modify gcc because otherwise it won't generate normal (non-kernel) BE
code (you need BE gcc lib, but I don't recomment multilib BE/LE gcc
either).

Sure, a cross compiler is a pre-requisite to cross compiling :-) Binutils too. If you have old versions of packages such as glibc (and anything else that requires headers or libraries) you can drop them into a sys-root which the cross-tools use when compiling/linking. Generally you will need one cross compiler per supported arch.

bash... can you cross-compile bash at all? Not sure about current
situation (my box can run ARM programs as well and configure thinks
it's native) but ~ 2 years ago it was impossible without much
handcraft.

Bash needs a little work.  It's not a beast like perl, though.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc redhat com