Re: Fedora 8 FUDCon/Hackfest

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 15:04 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
We'd like to do another FUDCon/Hackfest in the Fedora 8 timeframe.
We're going to hold it in Raleigh, NC this time.

I'm sure that Raleigh & Boston are wonderful cities, but would it be possible to schedule some Fedora events somewhere in the midwest? Minneapolis, Chicago, or Kansas City would be great (Des Moines would be perfect - I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel).

It's easiest for us to organize around Raleigh and Boston because Red Hat has giant operations near there, and it can make things like venues quite inexpensive (or maybe even free).

I think it would be a completely reasonable goal to say that the Fedora 9 hackfest is in some "western US" location, but given the time that we have to get it organized, and with the main organizational work falling on Greg DeKoenigsberg and myself for the Fedora 8 event, I'm afraid we're going to need to stick with Raleigh this time.

Also, for the few folks that come in from Europe, at least the East Coast spares them an extra several hours of travel.

But point taken.

--Max