f7 images for mass production

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Fri Jun 8 19:30:31 UTC 2007

fre, 08 06 2007 kl. 13:43 -0400, skrev Jesse Keating:
> On Friday 08 June 2007 13:36:59 Max Spevack wrote:
> > Well, the answer is simply "I haven't had time to do it until now".  And
> > because I thought it might be a worthwhile question to ask, and that if
> > I just took the GOLD bits and DVDs appeared, I guarantee you I'd get
> > plenty of emails saying "why didn't you ask about pulling in any
> > updates!  There's bug FOO which is horrible!".
>
> To which you answer "The DVD pressers took a long time to make them, these
> were sent off the first opportunity I had after F7 went GOLD."  (:

Wouldn't that basically be lying? The events didn't in fact transpire
like that and if we are to provide nice pressed media doing so with
updates to save people the effort of downloading them could be
considered a feature.

So what if it makes Fedora 7 look like a release with poor QA, issuing
updates at all pretty much states that, we never promised to be bug free
but at least we can promise to serve our users with the best possible OS
at any given time thanks to the power of learning from our mistakes and
fixing problems. What unwillingness to do that says about Fedora would
IMHO be infinitely worse.

- David Nielsen