Re: The Future of Fedora Package Management and the RPM Philosophy

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 07:58:03PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> - Don't make me increment integers (Release); this is
>   what computers (i.e. the build system) are for

Whatever you suggest to change, be sure that the final spec file
contains a real integer, not a macro defined in the build system
or so.

It's already very discussable that %{?dist} is now used in the
release tags.  I know this was introduced to overcome a - what
you can maybe call - shortcome in RPM, but it has its drawbacks
and every use of non-standard externally defined macros violates
the principles of RPM, being able to reproduce package building.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos xos nl>