f7 images for mass production

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 9 11:59:56 UTC 2007

Gerry Reno <greno <at> verizon.net> writes:
> My third attempt was to load F7 in QEMU.  Would only
> work with HTTP option.  Once I got it loaded it wouldn't run with kqemu
> so I had to run it without acceleration and I don't need to tell you
> that it isn't even usable without acceleration.

I use F7 (and FC6 before that) in unaccelerated QEMU all the time to build
x86_64 RPMs on my 32-bit machine. KDE is painfully slow in it (and I'm pretty
sure GNOME isn't any better), but forwarding X11 apps to the main host gives
you something acceptable for most apps. And luckily I don't need X11 at all to
run rpmbuild. ;-)

I don't dispute that it's very slow, of course. For example, a package build
which takes 10 minutes on the native 32-bit hardware takes 8 hours in QEMU.

        Kevin Kofler