Re: updates-testing is not useful

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Christopher Aillon <caillon <at> redhat.com> writes:
I could either provide the packages on other webspace i control and link to it in bugs, or say "Hi. I built teh packages for you to test but you can't test them right now. I don't really know when though cuz I can't control it. Um, Real soon now! Honest! Keep checking. lolz"

You can link directly to the Koji build results. Just make sure you use http links and not https, because last I checked the https refused to do anything without a client certificate (which you and I have, but the average user doesn't ;-) ).

That still doesn't make updates-testing useful. If it's not being downloaded from updates-testing, then updates-testing is not useful. The only benefit to updates-testing right now is that packages get signed, but that doesn't help if I'm pushing out unsigned packages to people for testing.