The updates firehose

Anybody else think we're issuing entirely /way/ too many updates?  We've had
138 "stable" updates, and 177 current "testing" updates.  If all those were
to go stable, we're talking over 300 updates, in just over a week.

Seriously.  We're drowning our users in updates.  Are all of them really
necessary?  I feel like we've got this culture of update whatever/whenever
coming from Extras where it was just fire and forget.  While that might be
fun for the maintainer, is it fun for the user?  Is it fun for the user with
a slow connection?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora