Re: The updates firehose

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

I'd rather have the updates available as rpm's than have to switch to building
a package from source, if there is an update I want.

Very true...

Is it possible to provide meta data to yum with some sort of indication
of what the update does. Maybe a choice from Security, Critical (e.g.
data loss) bug, Bug fix, New features. Then you could tell yum to only grab
security and critical bug fixes if you didn't want to download lots of
updates.

You want something like the "urgency" attribute of debian packages.
In my opinion, it belongs to RPM and not yum, but I'd second the
idea in general.

--
  // Bernardo Innocenti
\X/  http://www.codewiz.org/