Re: Fedora 8 ideas

Till Maas wrote:
Is there a more general alternative to this? rpm does not support installation by an unprivileged user afaik. And this is what all custom packages systems that come to my mind allow (Perl/Cpan, ruby/gems, Haskell/Cabal, Firefox/Thunderbird/XPI).

Actually, RPM can do local installations with --relocate.  But no
packages I know of is relocatable.  If whoever packages Firefox
plugins made them relocatable, it would be possible also in practice.

--
  // Bernardo Innocenti
\X/  http://www.codewiz.org/