Re: The updates firehose

Jesse Keating wrote:
Anybody else think we're issuing entirely /way/ too many updates? We've had 138 "stable" updates, and 177 current "testing" updates. If all those were to go stable, we're talking over 300 updates, in just over a week.

Seriously. We're drowning our users in updates. Are all of them really necessary? I feel like we've got this culture of update whatever/whenever coming from Extras where it was just fire and forget. While that might be fun for the maintainer, is it fun for the user? Is it fun for the user with a slow connection?

I agree that we should attempt to limit somewhat. But people always get upset at me for not pushing things out. We need to determine a policy here before you ask people to limit themselves.