Re: The updates firehose

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 6/9/07, Christopher Blizzard <blizzard redhat com> wrote:
We're not RHEL.  If an update is a good one I would rather have it go
out than not.

As a maintainer, I'd appreciate some reasonable best practices to
consider when pushing an update however. Guidance easily found to read
over when interacting with bodhi.  If I've got a bug report for a
missing dep at the packaging level for example, is it worth pushing?
Are all patchable non-crasher non-security application bugs worth
pushing as individual updates or is it better to sit on some of them,
do a build in koji and let the original reporter eat the koji package
if possible?

I agree with this. I also think the packager should take into account the size of the package. It doesn't bother me too much if some 100K package is updated every week, but it seemed to me like openoffice.org was updated 5-10 times during FC-6. I've got a high bandwidth connection, and it was still annoying enough to make me start looking at changelogs before I updated.

Quentin