Re: The updates firehose

Matt Domsch wrote:
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 04:41:12PM -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
Christopher Blizzard wrote:

Are people complaining?
I don't complain when it happens with my own computer that's
being updated daily... but it's painful when you update a
dozen of desktops in the office to F7 and all them want to
download 500MB worth of updates the first time they boot.

Yes, I could use a local Fedora mirror.  And, in fact,
I do.  But then I'd have to customize the yum config on
all clients to go look there.

You can add your local private mirror to mirrormanager, add a netblock
that covers your address space, and all your clients will then pull
from your local mirror rather than public mirrors, with no change on
the clients.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring

Matt, would you be interested in writing a updated mirror guide? The one at http://docs.fedoraproject.org is pretty outdated and we need to cover all the new configurations and features in the new mirror manager.

Rahul