Re: Improving availability and guaranteeing integrity in ISO - internal sha1sums

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 08 June 2007 22:20:14 David Timms wrote:
The simplest way to do this would be for the iso spin system to perform
an sha1sum * > SHA1SUM within each directory of an iso spin, and have
each result inserted into the corresponding directory.

What is it we do when we implantisomd5 which is used by media check? Can't you make use of that?
I am not sure how you do that - how can you include inside a piece of data a checksum that uses the data {including itself} to calculate the checksum ? {sounds like one for the crytologists}. Perhaps it is outside the data area, but then you have no way to know if the implanted checksum is broken or that data itself {although I imagine it is likely to be the data}.

What I am after is a checksum for each file present within the iso, not the result for the whole iso. Is there such a thing already present ?

DaveT.