Re: f7 images for mass production

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 07:45:21AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sunday 10 June 2007 04:57:00 Axel Thimm wrote:
> > No need to in 99% of what I've been doing. And the 1% was the
> > transition to repomd. Why should you buildinstall if there wasn't a
> > bug in anaconda?
>
> Right, but we're talking about fixing bugs in anaconda, or making anaconda use
> a new kernel, or various other things.  This is where things get tricky, so
> your past history doesn't necessarily apply to the problem.

Sure, but anaconda bugs are not the majority of bugs encountered. And
replacing a kernel has never been a problem, I never boot any PXE
system into the standard kernel, but always the updated one.

So, true for fixing the i586 -> i686 bug of FC6 you need updates.img
or a new anaconda spin. So if you are afraid to touch these parts,
then let these bugs in - you still capture the 99% of the rest.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net