Re: Improving availability and guaranteeing integrity in ISO - internal sha1sums

Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 12:20 +0200, Till Maas a écrit :
> On So Juni 10 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 11:52 +0200, Till Maas a écrit :
>
> > > $ find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum
> >
> > If you actually try to use it you'll find there are many small problems
> > to take care of (such as sanitizing find output so absolute/relative
> > files names are not embedded in the checksum files)
>

> I do not understand the problem, when the commandline is invoked in the root
> directory of the iso, the file paths are all correct, i.e. relative to the
> root directory of the iso.

foo.bar will be ./foo.bar instead of foo.bar as expected by checksum
scripts (will probably work most of the times, but is ugly)

you need to sort the result if you want to diff the lists someday (can't
sort once gpg clear-signed the files)

if you're not in the right dir find will embed directory info not
relevant to the produced iso in the checksum files

etc

Nothing real difficult, but a lot of hassle to reinvent the right
recursive checksumming recipe all the time

--
Nicolas Mailhot