Re: Web based interface for custom spins

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 15:23 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 08:44 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

Having a web interface would allow anyone to select the package groups and individual packages and get a ISO image for download. I posted to fedora-infrastructure list before but we need a web app before talking about deploying it.
Yay for killing bandwidth
Ignoring the obvious end user benefits?

There are no obvious end-user benefits if an infrastructure that could
handle lots of users melts under a few doing iso spins (I suppose you
want dvd images in there too right?)

Yes and infrastructure team would have let me know when I posted in that list if there are any issues with bandwidth or anything else. There is no need to be a stop energy assuming there is a problem.

Huh?  You told us to ignore that thread so we did:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2007-June/msg00150.html

And without any bandwidth requirements from the project owner, we have no way to tell you whether or not we can host such a project:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/RFR

Check with max, there are interns working on this right already.

   -Mike