Re: The updates firehose

orion cora nwra com wrote:
Christopher Blizzard wrote:

Are people complaining?
I don't complain when it happens with my own computer that's
being updated daily... but it's painful when you update a
dozen of desktops in the office to F7 and all them want to
download 500MB worth of updates the first time they boot.

Yes, I could use a local Fedora mirror.  And, in fact,
I do.  But then I'd have to customize the yum config on
all clients to go look there.

Add the updates repo at upgrade/install time.

Is this currently possible? I've just upgraded a load of servers from FC6 to F7 and saw no option to add in extra repositories. This was a text based nfs upgrade.

I remember hearing that including extra repository support in anaconda was slated for F7, but is this installs only?

Simon.