Re: To Require yelp or not to require yelp

On Monday 11 June 2007 15:41:17 Dimi Paun wrote:
> Wow, just curious why would MM/DD/YY be "reasonable"?!?
> It's completely non-uniform, I guess the only thing going
> for it is the fact that it makes some sense in accounting,
> but that is rather obscure reason to prefer it... :)

Probably because here in the states we say things like 'March 5th, 1985' when
talking about a date, so having the date format flow month-day-year makes
sense to us.  (yes there is "5th of march, 1985" but that's less common in my
experience.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora