Re: To Require yelp or not to require yelp

On 6/11/07, Dimi Paun <dimi lattica com> wrote:
Wow, just curious why would MM/DD/YY be "reasonable"?!?
It's completely non-uniform, I guess the only thing going
for it is the fact that it makes some sense in accounting,
but that is rather obscure reason to prefer it... :)

Off Topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its reasonable.. in that... i've chosen a US English keyboard layout,
and there is a cultural expectation that dates be presented in that
way by default.  I would have expected this sort of thing to be a
locale sensitive default... but apparently it isn't. I make no claim
that US culture is reasonable... just that my software conform to the
syntactical expectations thereof. Now I just have to figure out how to
beat the software into submission so people don't make unreasonably
nitpicky comments about the date format when I'm doing a presentation.

-jef"You know your science results are solid when the most contentious
aspect of your presentation is the date string format"spaleta