Re: Fedora and Cross Compiling

Joseph Sacco wrote:
which is RPM based and extensible. crosstools "auto-magically" handles
the recursive dependency problems that you mention

It's the doing-it-the-rpm-way that is a problem. All from-scratch gcc cross compiler-generating scripts that I have seen require glibc sources as part of the compiler build. In an rpm universe you only need headers and libraries to build a package, not sources from some other package. My scripts, Hans's scripts, and crosstool all have this limitation. This is because gcc contains both an independent compiler and libc-intertwined support libraries.

Both are RPM based and extensible.

Doesn't seem like the sort of thing we could simply bolt onto the side of the existing build system and enjoy. It's possibly not even that big of a change to the build system since it's just a slight twist on something it's already doing.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc redhat com