Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-JUN-11

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 19:07:01 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 14:59:04 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> We have end users wondering why we are holding back on the release after
> the images are ready instead of making it available on the bittorrent

Quite simply because a release date is a release date.  We set a coordinated
release date for /many/ reasons.  Just because one method of distribution is
ready before others is _not_ a reason to fracture your release process.  If
it really makes you feel better, I'll delay getting the torrents ready until
just before the coordinated release date.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora