Fedora and Cross Compiling

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jun 13 07:11:15 UTC 2007

Brendan Conoboy wrote:

<snip>

> Generally, I think Hans and the rest at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Embedded have the right idea here.
> Prefixing the target name to the package is a good plan for most
> crosses.  More fully, I see 3 options:

<snip>

> 3.  One srpm which generates packages for a single cross, like Hans's
> arm-gp2x-linux-package effort

<shameless plug>

I keep seeing my name mentioned here, but unfortunately I'm receiving little
feedback on my arm-gp2x-linux review tickets. Which is a bit of a shame as I
spend a lot of time on getting gcc for linux+glibc to build and install inside
a buildroot and getting this right, as is needed for proper rpm / mock
building. Luckily I eventually found that Mandrake is already doing cross
building of most of the distro, and their gcc comes with a patch to make
--with-build-sysroot work for this.

So does the lack of feedback mean that my SPECS are good? Or do people just not
have the time to look at / review them?

</shameless plug>

Regards,

Hans