Re: Fedora and Cross Compiling

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 09:11 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

I keep seeing my name mentioned here, but unfortunately I'm receiving little feedback on my arm-gp2x-linux review tickets. Which is a bit of a shame as I spend a lot of time on getting gcc for linux+glibc to build and install inside a buildroot and getting this right, as is needed for proper rpm / mock building. Luckily I eventually found that Mandrake is already doing cross building of most of the distro, and their gcc comes with a patch to make --with-build-sysroot work for this.

So does the lack of feedback mean that my SPECS are good? Or do people just not have the time to look at / review them?
Wrt. me it's more the latter.
More precisely, unlike with your avr-toolchain (which I reviewed/am
reviewing), which resemble very much to my toolchains (i.e. I knew about
potential issues in advance), I am not familiar with glibc's details.

I understand, thanks for the clarification.

A detail inside of your specs causing me head-ache is the "bootstrap"
stuff. I am not yet convinced this to be "the right thing(tm)".

Afaik when it comes to linux-glibc details its the only way, notice that bootstrap=1 will be needed only once, but I though it would be good to have configurable in the spec, becaue maybe oneday with a new binutils /glibc it might be a good idea to redo from start.

Regards,

Hans