Could I give bug 180579 a prod?

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Jun 13 17:39:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 17:32 +0100, David Craigon wrote:
> As far as I can tell, I can't update the target version- only the
> submitter can do that. Or maybe I can't work Bugzilla?
>
> As for the other comment, I don't think it's possible to compile postfix
> in such a way that a postfix-mysql or postfix-pgsql package is possible-
> I think it is either compiled in or not, rather than having separate
> modules you could separate out.

I agree.  I think the only way you could do something like that would be
to do what the snort/snort-mysql/snort-postgresql packages do and make
use of alternatives to swap the various postfix binaries in & out for
which one you want.  It would really be a pain, and I doubt it would be
worth much to do it.  I'm personally OK with the package not being built
by default with MySQL or PostgreSQL support, but having it easily
built-in locally.  Otherwise, it does bring in a lot of dependencies
that folks probably wouldn't want.