Re: F8devel - user configuration storage locations

Hi Arthur Pemberton!

 On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 06:46:51PM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote next:

> > I think this should be tidied up by creating a single directory at the
> > users home folder to store all setting/configs that apps make.
> > - The folder should not be hidden.
>
>  I would hate this even more
+1

> > - easily move/copy all user configs to backup or a different machine
>  cp -a ~/.*
Not simple. If you do that you'll try to copy over the parent tree due to
'..' (that is satisfy your code) represents parent and '.' represents
current folder.

--
With best regards,
Andy Shevchenko.      mailto: andy smile org ua