For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 14 12:12:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 13:53 +0200, Florian La Roche wrote:
> this should be combined with "arch-maintainers" who can checkin
> patches across all packages if the changes do fix arch-specific code.

Yes, it should. I think that's already part of Spot's proposal.

I've effectively been doing that job for PowerPC for a while already¹.
Which is why I know that half the 'suddenly failed to build' bugs are
actually generic problems which the package owner should care about, and
not really arch-specific at all. And that's just the ones which got as
far as an ExcludeArch -- the trivial ones which the maintainer fixed for
herself aren't included, and I suspect those are even _more_ likely to
be generic bugs rather than arch-specific.

--
dwmw2

¹ although the recent restriction on commit access to Fedora packages has
  been _very_ unhelpful.