R500 initial driver release

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 20:25:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 09:57 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 16:33 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 21:49 +0200, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > > http://lwn.net/Articles/237920/rss
> >
> > So will someone be including this driver (this is in the kernel or xorg
> > packages) in fc7 or I assume fc8?
>
> I need to test that it actually works on at least one piece of hardware
> first.

Well, it doesn't work on my T60p, for lack of PCI ID if nothing else.

Test build:

http://people.redhat.com/ajackson/avivo/

Requires libpciaccess, which thus far is only in rawhide, but should be
in F-7 updates in the next push.  Eats babies, etc.

Once we actually have this working on at least one piece of kit out of
the box I'll get it imported.

- ajax