Re: End of caching-nameserver package

Bill Nottingham napsal(a):
Callum Lerwick (seg haxxed com) said:
dnsmasq is specifically designed for this purpose, and in fact upstream
has added dbus support to it specifically so it can integrate nicely
with NetworkManager. Why we're not using it, I don't know.

NM doesn't actually use caching-nameserver at the moment.

Bill
I'm not sure why NM doesn't use it (If could remember correctly, NM used it). NM + dhcdbd + named could be good solution for save bandwidth.

Adam