Re: Fedora and Cross Compiling

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Why? To the host, a target's binaries are non-executable,
host-independent blobs of binary data (==arch).

I see where you're coming from here, but can't quite agree. For the greater purpose of cross compilation discussion, I'll leave it there for now.

Let me try to elaborate: You want to mix different archs inside of the host's rpmdb.

Yes, definitely a place the build system has to intervene.

[snip]

rpm-wise the working principle probably would be very similar to that of
how mock and mach setup their chroots.

Yes, in-fact, leveraging mock is going to a key to cross building bliss.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc redhat com