guideline-isms leading to dependency bloats (was: fedora-logos dependencies in F7)

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 21:20:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 12:38 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 03:52:54PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Axel Thimm wrote:

> > >Pointer or summary? Thanks!
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-June/msg00595.html
>
> Argh!
>
> "but since it drops files into application directories, fedora-logos
>  itself requires many things so that there are no unowned directories
>  or so that the right application owns it's directories.  This is
>  perhaps one case where we can forgo the policy on directory ownership"
>
> Drop the policy for fedora-logos or make fedora-logos co-own the
> directories.

YAFIYGI.  fedora-logos 6.0.98-4 no longer Requires on anything, and
co-owns the two directories in question.

This is entirely likely to break respins and whatnot.  I'm trying to
test with a rawhide respin, but pungi is, uh, not the fastest.

Note, this is rawhide-only atm.  Once we figure out what breaks in
rawhide we can look at maybe doing this as a 7 update.

- ajax