Re: user created at install added in sudoers ?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:34:49 -0600 Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

> Axel wrote:
> > What do you think about adding the user created at install to the
> > sudoers list ?
> >
> > For newbies like me, understanding the sudoers file isn't so easy, but
> > nevertheless they may need the sudo command. In my case, I'd rather my
> > account would have been added automatically to the sudoers list :)

Or alternatively:

* Create a "sudoers" group at install time.
* Have the "%sudoers" in /etc/sudoers by default.

Then:

* Make the user to be created at install a member of "sudoers"
    OR
* Let the user add him/herself to the sudoers group with the user
  manager application.

The former is a bit more OSX-like. If you want to go that way, I'd only
recommend it for desktop/workstation installs, not servers (assuming
people installing servers know enough to do "visudo" if necessary).

Regards,
-- Steven