Re: F8devel - Review HAL policy about hiding partitions

Le samedi 16 juin 2007 à 22:17 +0000, Kevin Kofler a écrit :
> Otto Rey <otto_rey <at> yahoo.com.ar> writes:
> > Why we continue hiding partitions with HAL policy
> > (/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/
> > 99-redhat-storage-policy-fixed-drives.fdi)??
>
> Call me old-fashioned, but IMHO mounting of fixed disk partitions is
> what /etc/fstab is for. (And I'm not even a sysadmin, just a home user
> adminning my own machines.)

And you haven't seen everything, new mounting system is either dropping
a file there or using the magic underdocumented gnome mount command. So
you have three different places now where mount can be setup, and how
stuff actually happens moved beyond mere mortals comprehension

If you're lucky your device is owned by a developper and has been
pre-configured.

--
Nicolas Mailhot