Errors building packages for F7 and rawhide in mock

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Jun 17 14:02:18 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 16 June 2007 17:38:34 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>>
>>> I disabled the local repo in the F7 mock config and things worked
>>> much better.  If this isn't a known problem between mock and koji,
>>> which of the two components should a bug be filed under?
>>
>> It's a problem with koji which static repos have not been designed
>> to be remotely accessed through yum
>
> Actually that's exactly what the static-repos were created for.  The
> static-repos are publically accessable, perhaps it was a network
> timeout?  This is the same functionality as the old "local" repo
> that was in mock, which pointed at the plague needsign queue.  Can
> you not click on that repodata file url and download it?  Can your
> system not reach the koji website?

Yeah, I can reach the files in the koji repo that way.  So I don't
think that it's a network problem on my end (though I couldn't rule
out something odd happening inside mock).  I tried bumping the timeout
value in the yum.conf for the mock chroot and that didn't resolve the
problem either (with up to a 3 minute timeout).

Disabling the local (koji) repo in the mock config allowed me to build
the things I wanted to build in mock.  I'm happy to turn on any debug
level you think might show what's wrong and try again.  I tried over
the course of a day numerous times and never was able to get a chroot
to successfully pass the prep stage as long as the local koji repo was
enabled.

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an
exception.
    -- Groucho Marx