Re: Root filesystem encryption update

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:11:15 -0500,
  Thomas Swan <thomas swan gmail com> wrote:

> Should encryption be an option on the disk partition option or an option to
> pick the type of installation right after the greeting?

I think people are normally going to want the encrption run right below
the file systems (as opposed to say between software raid and the real
device). So it seems that encryption could be a checkbox on the same
page where you pick file system type. You could also do some checks to
make sure /boot isn't encrypted (until grub handles it) and / isn't encrypted
unless there is a separate /boot partition.