Re: Official presto repositories for Rawhide

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 10:34:31AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2007 10:31:51 Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > I would like to request the creation of presto repositories for Rawhide.
> > I believe the yum-presto plugin has moved into (at the very least) a
> > late beta when it comes to stability, and Jeremy Katz has done some
> > great work in making deltarpm deal with multiarch correctly.
> >
> > The presto repository creation tools probably need to be looked over,
> > but I think it's time to start creating "official" deltarpms if we're
> > going to make it into F8.
>
> Is there a usable tool for creating presto repos yet?  Something to automate?
> What is the impact on mirrors?

As a mirror admin I can say that I disabled all the deltarpms on the
opensuse tree on our mirror server because it contained thousands of
small files. I am not 100% sure that presto deltarpms are the same suse uses
but from a standpoint of our mirror server it is horrible to have all of
sudden thousands of small files instead the big one we used to have.

		Adrian