Re: user created at install added in sudoers ?

On 19/06/07, Jima <jima beer tclug org> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Axel wrote:
> What do you think about adding the user created at install to the sudoers
> list ?
>
> For newbies like me, understanding the sudoers file isn't so easy, but
> nevertheless they may need the sudo command. In my case, I'd rather my
> account would have been added automatically to the sudoers list :)

  I personally can't agree with this, as suggested.  If, however, there
were a checkbox (defaulted off!) saying "add this user to wheel group" (or
whichever group), you'd get my vote.

I like this option but would prefer something more newbie-friendly such as:

"Add this user to sudo list"
or
"Give this user root privileges (with sudo)"
or
"Make this user an administrator (sudo)"
or some such.

Whatever, it would be good to see this in F8 as the code is already there and like Axel I find it a useful feature of other Linux distributions.

Regards
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com