Re: user created at install added in sudoers ?

On 6/19/07, Jima <jima beer tclug org> wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Chris Brown wrote:
> On 19/06/07, Jima wrote:
>>   I personally can't agree with this, as suggested.  If, however, there
>> were a checkbox (defaulted off!) saying "add this user to wheel group" (or
>> whichever group), you'd get my vote.
> I like this option but would prefer something more newbie-friendly such as:
> "Add this user to sudo list"
> or
> "Give this user root privileges (with sudo)"
> or
> "Make this user an administrator (sudo)"
> or some such.
> Whatever, it would be good to see this in F8 as the code is already there
> and like Axel I find it a useful feature of other Linux distributions.

  I don't really care exactly what it says, just as long as it's a
non-default option.  Making it default behavior seems like it'd come with
backlash.  All of those text suggestions seem fine, BTW. :-)

This would be a good time to _bring back_ password strength
testing/information on install.

Fedora Core 6 and proud