user created at install added in sudoers ?

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:21:11 UTC 2007

On 19/06/07, Jima <jima at beer.tclug.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Axel wrote:
> > What do you think about adding the user created at install to the
> sudoers
> > list ?
> >
> > For newbies like me, understanding the sudoers file isn't so easy, but
> > nevertheless they may need the sudo command. In my case, I'd rather my
> > account would have been added automatically to the sudoers list :)
>
>   I personally can't agree with this, as suggested.  If, however, there
> were a checkbox (defaulted off!) saying "add this user to wheel group" (or
> whichever group), you'd get my vote.

I like this option but would prefer something more newbie-friendly such as:

"Add this user to sudo list"
or
"Give this user root privileges (with sudo)"
or
"Make this user an administrator (sudo)"
or some such.

Whatever, it would be good to see this in F8 as the code is already there
and like Axel I find it a useful feature of other Linux distributions.

Regards
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com