Re: user created at install added in sudoers ?

On 6/20/07, n0dalus <n0dalus+redhat gmail com> wrote:
On 6/20/07, Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us> wrote:
> On 6/19/07, n0dalus <n0dalus+redhat gmail com> wrote:
> > In what way would it benefit a majority of users? I could be wrong,
> > but I suspect the majority of Fedora installations only have one
> > administrator, in which case, sudo actually ends up making things
> > _less_ secure (it provides another account by which root access can be
> > cracked).
>
> In a "1st user gets sudo" scenario, I'd lock the root account. It
> wouldn't be _another_ account to crack, it would be a different
> account.

If that's what you want, can I suggest you propose that as a firstboot
option instead then? Currently the proposal seemed to be just "1st
user gets sudo", and root is still available.

I don't care either way, frankly. It's unlikely that consensus can be
reached on a change like this. The only reason Ubuntu could get away
with it is that it was the default since the no-name-yet.com days.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services