FESCo elections

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 14:16:06 UTC 2007

Brian Pepple wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 22:37 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
>>>>
>>> Not according to the policy.  I think the policy deserves to be examined
>>> since FESCo is no longer strictly about packaging but about making all
>>> technical decisions WRT Fedora.  I'm undecided whether it should be
>>> updated this close to the election.  Does anyone else have thoughts on
>>> this?
>> It's not too close to the elections to change this detail in this
>> direction.  Too close to restrict the pool of contenders, but not too
>> close to expand it.
>>
>> +1 to FESCo candidates being anyone with an FAS account.
>
> +1  to allowing more folks be eligible for FESCo, though I'm not sure if
> anyone with a FAS account is the right criteria.

I think it's a good enough criteria.  If there's somebody involved that
doesn't have an account and wants to be elected, getting an account
isn't a very high bar.  If there's somebody *not* involved who wants to
be elected, getting an account isn't going to change the fact that none
of us recognize them.  Sure, it's arbitrary, but it's not terrible.

--
   Peter